My wife & I are planninga trip the the World December 2010. We plan on staying at Port Orleans but can't decide which resort we'd like to stay. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas? It's just the two of us. Which resort is nicer? Easier for Disney transportation? Easier to navigate? Any help is appreciated.
Paul
Riverside or French Quarter
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Re: Riverside or French Quarter
I'm sure others will be along with their ideas, but you may want to check out the FAQ page on the subject in the meantime.
Basically, POR is bigger with more variety of theming & landscaping, better facilities and generally more going on. POFQ is smaller (so you're more sure of a room not too far from anything) but you'll need go walk over to Riverside for some of the activities. The Bus service at POFQ is generally regarded to be better as it only has one stop, and whenever the buses are shared between the two resorts, they tend to pick up from FQ first.
Personally, having a young daughter, we prefer Riverside - but as a couple I suspect you might like FQ better.
A.
Basically, POR is bigger with more variety of theming & landscaping, better facilities and generally more going on. POFQ is smaller (so you're more sure of a room not too far from anything) but you'll need go walk over to Riverside for some of the activities. The Bus service at POFQ is generally regarded to be better as it only has one stop, and whenever the buses are shared between the two resorts, they tend to pick up from FQ first.
Personally, having a young daughter, we prefer Riverside - but as a couple I suspect you might like FQ better.
A.

- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
-
JEANYLASER
- Posts: 59
- Joined: July 5th, 2009, 11:14 am
- Location: MIAMI,FLORIDA
Re: Riverside or French Quarter
I love French Quarter because of the jazz music and I can't wait to stay in POFQ for my birthday in January 14, 2010!
