Staying at POR

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
lucia333
Posts: 3
Joined: July 6th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Staying at POR

Unread post by lucia333 »

I am going to disney in Sept. staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Anything special we should know about this resort. Is the wait time for the buses really as bad as I have been reading on here? Kind of makes me feel aprehensive. Hope we picked a good resort and will not regret anything..any feedback would be great.. thanks
Lucia
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by Admin »

The trouble with online forums is that they're a great place to vent, so you tend to notice the negatives rather than the positives. The POR buses certainly can be an issue at very busy times (especially when returning from a theme park just after fireworks with the rest of the masses) but to be honest most people get around just fine.

This is a 2,000 room resort so it'd be unfair to expect a mass transportation system to be at your beck and call at a moments notice, but with a few exceptions most of the comments I've seen seem to say wait that times are not that much of an issue. I've certainly never waited for more than 20 mins for a bus - and usually much, much less than that.

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
ctguy1962
Posts: 16
Joined: February 15th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by ctguy1962 »

I was one of the people who commented on some flaws in the bus system. Mr. Admin has it right. Don't let a few negatives effect you. The buses for the most part are very efficient throughout Disney World. Port Orleans is a great resort and I think you'll be glad you stayed there.
mocame
Posts: 2
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 9:45 pm

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by mocame »

We went in May. We never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a bus to pick us up to go to a park. The only times we waited for a long period of time was leaving the parks late at night and trying to get back to Riverside. There were other resorts with long bus lines then too.

You will love Riverside. If we go to Disney again, we will definitely stay there!

Have a great trip!
lucia333
Posts: 3
Joined: July 6th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by lucia333 »

Thanks for all the responses.. I trust we will have a magical time.... Besides its in September so maybe the crowds will be less.... ;) POR looks great and I am sure we will find it a pleasurable experience.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Lucia
jcardelli
Posts: 2
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by jcardelli »

We, too, just returned from our first trip to Disney World and the POR, where we had a blast! I would highly recommend requesting buildings 14 or 18. Building 14 is the one closest to the lobby/shuttle busses/food court (South Depot). Building 18, which is where we were, was the next building. We went July 7-15 and never waited more than 15-20 minutes, in what is the busiest time of the year. Hope you have as fabulous a time as we did! I might try other resorts just because I never have, but POR will always feel like "home" now.

Julie
lucia333
Posts: 3
Joined: July 6th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Re: Staying at POR

Unread post by lucia333 »

Thanks so much Julie, I can't wait. I did request to stay in building 14 As I had heard it was the closest to the action. Hopefully I will be granted my request... I just can't wait. This will be our first time staying NOT IN the CARRIBEAN, we thought we would explore this time around.
Thank you and I am so glad you had a great time.
Lucille
Post Reply