We lovelovelove POFQ, and have had the pleasure of staying in a Royal Room at POR (Call me crazy, but I love watching the boats go up and down the river!)
We wanted to try POR again this spring, however, I require a roll-in shower room, and with current availability looks like we will be firmly in building 85. Thats cool - I have a 2 in 3 chance of getting a coveted "corner window" and I truly don't care even if it's a parking lot view... it's still POR, right?
My concern is this: Last time we stayed at POR, it was obvious that a service dog had been in the room before us. We asked for an extra cleaning while we were gone to the theme park, and it helped my allergies somewhat, but the doggy odor remained persistent in the room for the entire stay.
A friend of our daughter, who is a former Housekeeping CM, said we should ask for an "Allergy cleaning" or "VIP cleaning". Do you happen to know if there is a difference - and if so, which one to request? We typically ask for an "Allergy cleaning", simply because I am allergic to dogs and cats, and I know that in an HA room, there is a better than even chance that a service animal will have been there.
I don't want to be "that person" and cause extra trouble for Housekeeping, but I need the room to be clean - and ideally on the first day of occupancy. Any suggestions? Do I need to somehow reach out to Housekeeping directly at the Resort?
Thanks in advance!

